Memorial Health System participates in various national healthcare outcome initiatives. One in particular is the 5 Million Lives Campaign, an initiative by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement to engage U.S. hospitals in a commitment to implement changes in care proven to improve patient care and prevent avoidable deaths. The Campaign is a national effort to promote saving lives.
- Prevent Pressure Ulcers by reliably using science-based guidelines for their prevention.
- Reduce Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection by reliably implementing scientifically proven infection control practices.
- Prevent Harm from High-Alert Medications starting with a focus on anticoagulants, sedatives, narcotics and insulin.
- Reduce Surgical Complications by reliably implementing all of the changes in care recommended by the Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP).
- Deliver Reliable, Evidence-Based Care for Congestive Heart Failure to reduce readmissions.
- Get Boards on Board defining and spreading the best-known leverage processes for hospital Boards of Directors, so that they can become far more effective in accelerating organizational progress toward safe care.