Navigating Your Journey Toward WellnessAt the heart of our cancer program is our sincere commitment to making a difference in the life of each patient we serve. We guide patients through every step of their treatment plan with comprehensive educational, emotional and spiritual support. We believe this is so important to the healing process that we offer a dedicated team of care navigators to help guide you on your journey toward wellness. These compassionate health care providers deliver care in a logical, connected and timely manner, so that both your medical and personal needs are met.
Oncology Patient Navigation Program
A diagnosis of cancer is a very stressful and emotional time. The diagnosis impacts many areas of a person’s life, from medical to family dynamics to the financials. At times, a cancer patient may not know who to contact to get questions answered or where to begin or what to expect. The Oncology Patient Navigation Program at Strecker Cancer Center of Marietta Memorial Hospital can help patients with their questions and direct them to needed services. This free service is staffed by our experienced oncology nurse navigators.
Services Offered by the Program:
- Offer education in understanding cancer care and supportive services within the Memorial Health System.
- Assist patients with timely oncology physician and treatment appointments.
- Offer education on a patient’s cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- Identify patient barriers to care and make appropriate referrals for assistance, whether it is transportation to treatment, billing/financial issues, social service issues, nutritional needs and other needs.
- Provide patient emotional support.
- Ongoing communication between the cancer program, the referring physicians/surgeons and the patient.
Oncology Nurse Navigators:
For more information about our oncology patient navigator program or to speak with an oncology nurse navigator, please call (740) 376-5000.