The Driver Rehabilitation Program at Memorial Health System is please to offer "Alive at 25", a four hour interactive defensive driving program designed by the National Safety Council to help drivers, ages 16-24, identify the risk factors and learn safe driving techniques that can help keep them from becoming a statistic.
Course participants will be led on a journey to discovering safe driving techniques through multimedia presentations and the use of interactive simulator equipment.Facts:
14% of all drivers are between the ages of 16-24, yet...
- 28% of all collisions involve drivers in this age group.
- 47% of all traffic fatalities for this age group are alcohol related.
- 29% of no collision crashed (car rolling over, leaving the road, etc.) involve people in this age group.
- This age group has the lowest level of seat belt usage of all age groups.
- Motor vehicles are the #1 killer of people in this age group.
Those finishing the course will be given a certificate of completion, which can be presented to their personal car insurer for possible rate discount.
For more information about "Alive at 25" or other Driver Rehab Services, contact the Outpatient Rehab Department at (740) 374-1422.