Comparing Hospital Charges at Memorial Health System in 2019
As of January 1, 2019, new federal government regulations require all hospitals in the United States to post a list of "standard" hospital charges and average charges per diagnosis on their websites. The Center for Medicare Services goal is to provide meaningful information about quality and costs to help patients make the right decisions about their care. Medicare is working with hospitals to put the patient first by empowering patients before services with price information which will lead to less paperwork for the provider and more time spent with the patient. Memorial Health System is committed to providing comprehensive care services that meet the needs of our patients, therefore we have provided a list of our standard charges and average charge by diagnosis to help our patients make informed decisions about their care.
How do the list of charges affect the patient:
- The hospital charges are the same for all patients, but the amount the patient will pay out of pocket will depend upon the individual health insurance.
- Out of pocket expenses include your deductible, copay, and/or coinsurance set by your insurance company.
- Out of pocket expenses could change based on if you have reached your maximum out of pocket or met your deductible for the year.
- For more information, patients should contact their insurance companies or our patient advocate to understand your financial obligations.
Memorial Health System strives to deliver quality care and services which include providing patients with accurate estimates of care. Estimated charges are comprised of the following:
Questions on Estimates:
- Average charges are based on historical data
- Estimated out of pocket expense to the patient based on their individual insurance plan.
- If pre-registered for testing or upon request, a written estimate can be provided to the patient
- Average charge by diagnosis include room and board charges, drugs, supplies, testing such as lab work or x-ray, and supplies.
- Standard charges are based on each individual service provided.
- Estimates may not include physician charges and could be billed to you separately.
- Charges are an estimate only. Additional charges may be added as a result of additional testing requested by your provider or change in the level of service we provide such as outpatient or inpatient care.
Our Patient Access team is ready to help provide an estimate of your service. We are available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. either by phone or email listed below:
Please provide the type of service you are requesting an estimate for along with your insurance plan and subscriber ID.
Do you need help paying the estimate?
As a not-for-profit hospital, the mission of Memorial Health System is to provide the highest quality health care to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay. Our generous and comprehensive financial assistance program further demonstrates our commitment to serve all members of the community with dignity and respect.
Financial assistance is available to the uninsured, underinsured, medically indigent or financially needy individuals and families under our compassionate care program. Based on income guidelines, patients may qualify for up to 100% write-off of their charges. Please see the Financial Assistance web page to access the Financial Assistance Application and Policy, and the Billing and Collection Policy.
For those who don't qualify for financial assistance based on current guidelines, other sources of financial assistance may be available, including extended payment plans or discounts for prompt payment of your account. Please contact the business office at (740) 374-1413 or email by firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to discuss your specific needs. We're here to help.
More information on financial assistance can be found on our website at www.mhsystem.org under the Billing and Financial Assistance tab under Patient Experience.
Click here to download the price list (CDM)
Click here to download the price list (DRG)